Classwork and Homework activity sheets may be found below by date. Weekly activities are arranged from current to old.
Classwork and Homework activity sheets may be found below by date. Weekly activities are arranged from current to old.
Week of 5/6
Focus: Review light & color; and learn about the how the human eye transmits and processes light.
Monday 5/6 - Quiz on light and color tomorrow
1. Complete Light Review Sheet
2. The Human Eye Notes (use power point under "Class Resources" then "Power point presentations")
Tuesday 5/7 - Quiz on Light & Color Today
1. Seeing Light Article
2. Eyes Are for Sight Song (see song under "Classroom Resources" then "Videos/songs")
1. Seeing Light Review Q's AND watch video on Eyes (see videos/songs from Classroom Resources drop down)
2. Eye Parts/functions vocabulary foldable
1. Finish vocabulary foldable
2. Structure and functions of the eye diagram
3. Watch Study Jams Video on "The Senses: Seeing" http://studyjams.scholastic.com/studyjams/jams/science/human-body/seeing.htm
Week of 4/23
Focus: this week students will review EM Spectrum followed by a quiz on Wednesday/Thursday
Tues 4/23 & Weds 4/24
1) Finish reading and annotating EM Spectrum Article on pages 178-183 (4 facts per paragraph and 2 Q's per page);
2) Complete Q's 1-9, 11 &12 at end of article; answers on p. 182 IAN
3) Finish Waves Town Activity
*see previous week for downloadable hand-outs
1) Properties of Light Powerpoint and interactive notes - start with p.3 of notes
Week of 4/8
Focus: This week we will take a look at Electromagnetic Waves and the EM Spectrum.
Mon 4/8 - Students should have IAN #2 duct taped w/ pocket and ready to go!
1. EM Spectrum hand-out
2. EM Spectrum video notes (video #1 under EM Spectrum)
3. Electromagnetic Waves Song Sheet (listen to and view song)
1. Tour of EM Spectrum Video Notes (watch video #2 under EM Spectrum)
2. EM Spectrum Article - to be used with classwork & homework on Tues & Weds
Friday 4/12 - Spring Break begins at 3PM...see everyone back at school on 4/22
Week of 4/1 ( No Fooling!)
Focus: Students will review how we hear sound and the week will culminate with a Unit Test on Thursday.
* Tuesday - ALL Science Classes will be in the computer lab registering for 7th Grade Electives! Please be sure that you have the COMPLETED 7th grade registration form that was sent home last week Tuesday (form needs to be completed and signed by parent or guardian).
*IAN #2 is due by this Friday, April 5th (it should be duct taped, have a back pocket and the front needs to be labeled...this will be counted as a homework assignment.
1. Complete Power Point Notes on How We Hear Sound (see last week for hand-out)
Tuesday 4/2 - All Science Classes in Computer Lab for 7th Grade Registration
1. Study Guide for Thursday's Unit Test on Waves, Sound Waves and How We Hear handed out - do #'s 1-10 for homework
Wednesday, April 3
1. Study Guide #'s 11-20 (review study guide, Unit Test tomorrow)
Week of 3/25 - 3rd Quarter Ends on 3/26
Focus: Students will become familiar with how our Ears receive sound waves.
1. Complete Sound Crossword Puzzle - Quiz on Sound Waves tomorrow (this will be 1st grade of the 4th Quarter)
2. Review Sound Vocabulary Foldables
Tuesday 3/26 - Quiz on Sound Waves
1. Read, annotate & answer Guide for Reading Q's "How You Hear Sound" article
2. Read paragraph on the Human Ear, circle the three sections that tell about the outer, middle & inner ear - use 3 different colors to circle this info, review diagram then complete graphich organizer on front of this paper.
1. View Video under "Class Resources" - videos/songs on "Parts/functions of Human Ear"2. Complete "How We Hear" Foldable (print out document then glue pages front/back, tri-fold the document so "Outer Ear" & "definitions are on the front, next cut along lines on front flap and inside flap from outer edge to crease)
*then fill in parts of the ear for each section ( PEE HAS CAN) and cut out definitions and glue on inside of sheet under each of three main parts of the ear.
1. Read thru power point on "How We Hear Sound" (located under "Class Resources" then "power points")
2. Complete Cloze Notes activity
Week of 3/18
Focus: Students will recognize the two different types of energy waves. This week we will focus on longitudinal waves, sound and how we hear.
1. Complete vocabulary foldable on Wave Energy and review (wave, mechanical wave, electromagnetic wave, longitudinal wave, transverse wave, compression, rarefaction, crest, trough, wavelength, amplitude, frequency)
*Quiz on these terms this Wednesday, 3/20
1. Cloze power point notes...use with Sound Power Point (put notes together in a booklet by page #)
2. Sound Power Point Question Review
1. Nature of Sound Article & Q's
2. Quiz on Waves of Energy (in class only)
1. Properties of Sound Article & Q's
1. Sound Waves CW Review
Week of 3/4
Focus: Our unit on Matter will finish up this week. Students will recognize difference between Physical & Chemical Changes of Matter. Quiz on State Changes of Matter on Tuesday followed by a Unit Test on Matter on Friday.
1. Watch Physical vs Chemical Changes Song (and complete activity sheets - see below)
2. Review State Changes Notes and State Change Pyramid to review for tomorrow's Quiz
2. 3rd Quarter Interim Home today - PowerSchool Issues last week
1. Quiz on State Changes & State Change Pyramid
2. Study Guide for Matter Unit Test (10 Q's each night); Due Friday
1. Lab Demonstrations & Notes on Physical Properties of Matter (class only)
2. Matter Study Guide #'s 11-20
|physical_properties_of_matter_quiz_check_up.pdf PRACTICE QUIZ|
|File Size:||391 kb|
1. States of Matter, Physical & Chemical Changes Quiz (class only)
2. Matter Study Guide #'s 21-30 and review study guide for tomorrow's test
Week of 2/25
Focus: Students will continue to learn about Matter. Students will complete a graded lab where they will be demonstrating an understanding of how atoms become elements and elements bond to form molecules. There will also be a quiz on Tuesday. Our focus will then shift to understanding the arrangement of molecules in different types of matter and how matter can change shape.
1. Students should review Matter Foldable and notes (p. 133- 139 IAN) to prepare for Tuesday's Quiz. Reviewing videos would also be a good study strategy.
|atom_and_element_lab_new. Directions: 2 different colored legos may be used to do this at home (or blocks), matching colored pencils needed.|
|File Size:||192 kb|
1. Update IAN (IAN Check Up coming in the near future)
1. Finish States of Matter Work Sheet (utilize States of Matter Video to assist)
1. Complete Changes in States of Matter Song Sheet (utilize song 4 States of Matter)
|study_jams_solids_liquids_gases_video_review.docx Classwork - answer Q's, watch Study Jams Video on Solids, Liquids, Gases then revisit Q's|
|File Size:||13 kb|
|File Size:||359 kb|
1. 3rd Quarter Interim Home - parents sign and return document on Monday
Week of 2/11
Focus: This week students will be wrapping up Energy Flow Thru Ecosystems,Biomes and Photosynthesis with a unit test on Tuesday 2/12. We will begin our next unit on Matter on Wednesday.
Students need to finish study guide handed out last week Thursday (see downloadable copy below on 2/7.
Students need to be sure that all work on pages 122-129 IAN is complete. These pages were both classwork and homework last week.
Week of 2/4
Focus: Continuing with review of Energy Flow thru Ecosystems with emphasis on trophic levels and the energy pyramid. Students will complete an open note quiz on Thursday and a closed note quiz on Friday. Study Guide for next week's Unit Test on Biomes, Energy Flow Thru Ecosystems & Photosynthesis will go home Friday.
Use the terms in the matching activity to create a memory game. Fold 2 pieces of blank paper into 10 boxes each. On one sheet write the vocabulary term and on the other sheet write its description. Cut out the cards, mix them up and place them face down on a table. Pick up one card and then a second card. If you match a term to a description pick up the two cards.
Tuesday 2/5 & Wednesday 2/6
Week of 1/28
Focus: Energy Flow Thru Ecosystems. Students will participate in both guided and independent practice as they trace the path of energy as it moves from one organism to the next thru food chains and food webs.
|energy_flow_thru_ecosystem_notes.pdf USE WITH ENERGY FLOW THRU ECOSYSTEMS POWER POINT FOUND UNDER CLASS RESOURCES THEN POWER POINTS|
|File Size:||1836 kb|
|vocab_one_pager.pdf USE WITH HIGHLIGHTED VOCAB IN ENERGY FLOW ARTICLE. PROVIDE WORD, DESCRIPTION & PIC|
|File Size:||314 kb|
|whats_for_dinner__energy_flow_.pdf ADD HIGHLIGHTED TERMS IN ARTICLE TO ONE PAGER VOCAB|
|File Size:||1109 kb|
Week of 1/22
Focus this week, as we begin the 3rd Quarter & 2nd Semester of the School Year will be on Biomes. Students will be completing self-paced activities culminating in an open note test on Thursday followed by a closed note test on Friday. Most of this unit should be a review since 5th Grade Science does a big unit on Biomes.
|biome_power_point_guided_notes.pdf - USE WITH POWER POINT ON BIOMES FOUND UNDER "CLASS RESOURCES, THEN POWER POINTS"|
|File Size:||366 kb|
|biome_and_climate_color_code_maps.pdf - SEE CLASS RESOURCES, THEN VIDEOS/SONGS FOR MORE INFO|
|File Size:||823 kb|
|biome_fact_note_sheets.pdf - WATCH STUDY JAMS VIDEO ON BIOMES THEN BIOMES OF THE WORLD (FOR CHILDREN) VIDEO UNDER CLASSROOM RESOURCES THEN VIDEOS/SONGS|
|File Size:||589 kb|
|biome_note_sheets_to_go_with_power_point.pdf - USE WITH BIOME POWER POINT FOUND UNDER CLASSROOM RESOURCES, THEN CLICK ON LINK|
|File Size:||1813 kb|
Week of 1/14
*MONEY FOR THE FORT FISHER FIELD TRIP WILL BE COLLECTED ON THURSDAY, JANUARY 17TH!
** THE DOLPHINS 2ND QUARTER EXCEL DAY WILL BE ON FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 1ST! PLEASE REMEMBER THAT STUDENTS WHO HAVE 15 OR MORE SIGNATURES ON THEIR PUNCH CARD AND/OR SERVED ISS OR OSS DURING THE 2ND QUARTER, ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO PARTICIPATE.
Focus this week will be on plant adaptations. The week will culminate with a Unit Test Friday 1/18 on Flowering Plants & Photosynthesis. Please note that 2nd Quarter Science Grades will close on Friday.
Monday - 1st/2nd period Science only. Due to I-Ready Testing in the Morning.
Tuesday - 4th/5th period Science only. Due to I-Ready Testing in the Morning.
1. Complete Photosynthesis review activity (see file download under Monday)
Wednesday - Plant Adaptation Activities & Unit Test Study Guide assigned #'s 1-7
1. Study Jam Video on Plant Adaptations
Thursday - Finish and Review Study Guide. Unit Test on Parts of Flowering Plant and Photosynthesis tomorrow.
1. Unit Test Study Guide #'s 8-14
Week of 1/6
Focus this week is process of photosynthesis. Utilize power points, videos/songs under Class Resources tab above.
Vocabulary for one pager: photosynthesis, chloroplast, chlorophyll, stoma, transpiration, carbon dioxide, glucose, respiration
Do "My" answers, then watch Study Jams Video on Photosynthesis (studyjams.com) and then take quiz a 2nd time using "Correct" answers
|READ AND ANNOTATE THEN DEFINE VOCAB stoma_and_xylem_hand_out.pdf|
|File Size:||527 kb|
Wednesday - Quiz on Photosynthesis tomorrow
Use to complete any make-up work
Week of 1/3
Focus this week and next will be photosynthesis. Power points and videos/songs are class resources that can help students work from home. See Resources tab above.
Week of 12/17
Focus this week will be pollination and fertilization of flowering plants. Quiz on Wednesday, Parts of a Flowering Plant.
Monday HW - 1) Complete Mystery Flower Parts Sheet & finish flower illustration p. 84 IAN
Tuesday HW - 1) Flowering Plant Review (Do top & middle only)
2) Review vocabulary foldable - Quiz tomorrow on parts of a flowering plant
Wednesday HW - 1) Finish annotating Pollination article & complete Question sheet
Thursday HW - 1) Update IAN (pages 82-87 should be complete)
Friday HW - 1) Happy Holidays - See you back at school on January 3rd, 2019!
Week of 12/10
(12/10 & 12/11 SNOW DAYS)
Focus this week will be on parts of flowering plants and how they reproduce thru pollination.
Wednesday HW - 1) Complete vocabulary foldable or flashcards for parts of flowering plant
Thursday HW - 1) read and annotate Article on Flowering Plants
2) answer comprehension questions on Flowering Plant article
In class we will watch Scholastic Jams Video "Flowers" (link posted under "Class Resources", then "Videos/Songs"
Friday HW - 1) add flower part illustrations to flower part foldable or flashcards
2) review flower part foldable or flashcards
* In class today we watched Scholastic Jam Video on "Angiosperms" and labeled flower parts diagram
Thursday HW - 1) finish creating, labeling and coloring own diagram of a flower its reproductive parts
Week of 10/17
We will continue our focus on parts of flowering plants and how they reproduce thru pollination.
Week of 12/5
Focus this week will be on Soil Conservation and students will begin to prepare for Unit Test on Rocks & Soil on Friday, 12/9. Watch dust bowl video on Mr. A's Weebly.
Monday HW - Begin study guide for Unit Test #'s 1-12 on Rocks AND
* students: click or highlight the link below and complete the short survey on Daniels Middle School using Excel